5/18/2005 MARKAY CABINETS IS KCMA CERTIFIED
- Markay Cabinets’ product line is now certified by the Kitchen Cabinet Manufacturer’s Association (KCMA)! The KCMA Certification Program ensures that the cabinets bearing the KCMA seal conform to the rigorous standards set by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and the KCMA.
- Certified cabinets undergo a series of stress tests to measure structural integrity and durability, and to guarantee compliance with the
- ANSI/KCMA A161.1-2000 standard. The testing is separated into four categories:
- Structural – weight is applied to shelving, cabinet bottoms, and mounted wall cabinets;
doors are struck with a 10-pound sandbag, and steel balls are dropped onto shelves.
- Drawers – are loaded at 15 pounds per square foot and operated through 25,000 cycles.
- Doors – are loaded with 65 pounds of weight and slowly put through 10 open/shut cycles, they are also opened and closed, unweighted, through a full 90-degree swing for 25,000 cycles.
- Finish – finished doors are placed in a hotbox at 120 degrees Fahrenheit and 70 percent relative humidity for 24 hours, finished parts are also exposed to vinegar, lemon, orange and grape juices, tomato catsup, coffee, olive oil, and 100-proof alcohol for 24 hours and to mustard for one hour.
- Each test is designed to simulate normal use over the life of the cabinet, and the product must show little or no damage, staining, or blistering, and must remain fully operational to pass. Markay Cabinets is proud to announce the certification of our product and we look forward to producing cabinets with the KCMA seal for years to come.